Saturday, October 1, 2011

boring sunday

i guess my life isn't filled with much stuff yet cause i didn't do anything today and my tutor is always working so i can't do anything with her either. i thought about taking a random walk but i was really tired this morning and thought that if i didn't pay attention, i'd probably never make it back to the school.

last night we had this party or get together for international students and all their tutors and whatever. it was fun, but like i said, people never talk to me. all the japanese students immediately thought that i was one of them even though none of them knew me. but i did find the other american students. apparently they're from colorado.

i didn't stay late like everyone else because no one was talking to me and i ended up walking hme alone in the dark. i couldn't help but think how people don't get freaked out about walking/running alone at night. first of all, there are POISONOUS SNAKES! second, you never know what kind of people there are because even though the crime rate is low doesn't mean it an't happen. and last, i passed by an accident on a two lane street. that could've been me if i had left that much sooner.

oh well, i survived.

like i metioned earlier, i did nothing today. i woke up really early but then went back to sleep. i ended up sleeping for 10 or so hours. dang. but it's not jet lag. i'm sure it was just the festival that did it for me. so after getting up, i went to the convenience store and bought some paper towels, a giant bottle of water because i'm sure this heat will dehydrate me, and chips, sour cream and onion to be exact. by the way, sour cream and onion flavored chips in japan are undoubtedly the best i have ever tasted, no matter what brand. less oil, better taste.

after watching an episdoe of a drama that i had recorded on my ipad, i decided to make lunch. i went into the kitchen and thought if i had any cuts onmy body because that's possibly the dirtiest kitchen in a girls' dorm that i have ever seen. it's nasty! for reals. i made a mental note to clean up parts of it because i didn't want to cook feeling all filthy and whatnot so then i made a list of the things that i felt i should buy. it's a good thing i have my own shelf otherwise i think i'd just buy food for the rest of my stay here.

after making a packet of oyakodon and microwaveable rice, i went back into my room and finishing watching onemore episode of the drama. and now i am here, posting.

i have to walk over to the dorm office everyday to check and send out anything internet related, including mail contacts with my tutor. i honestly thank her for putting in her password for me beause i don't know how all the other international students communiate with their tutors, unless they use the pay phone or someone else's phone or internet.

that reminds me, tomorrow i have to or rather want to, pick up my alien registration card that way i can get a bank account and a phone so life becomes that much easier. ragh! i'm excited but i might not be able to get my phone tomorrow since we have the get together. we'll see what happens.

welp, sorry for the long blurb of nothingness. i bet no one is reading this anyway cause i haven't gotten comments at all. oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment